Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Clip Holder

As pretty much anyone with a daughter knows, when you have a girl you accumulate a lot of certain items. Recently my daughter and I sorted through her collection of hair clips. Surprisingly, she is not as much a girly girl when in comes to hair accessories. She will wear a clip in her hair to keep it out of her eyes. Usually, by the end of the day it is barely hanging on at the ends. She has a few frilly ones and some very special ones. I was actually quite surprised at how many she actually had.

We decided that she needed a "special place" for her
collection. I had seen many different types of organizers at craft shows, mom sales, Etsy, and (of course) Pinterest. I showed her a few different styles and let her choose what she wanted.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/85524808/tutu-hair-bow-holder?ref=sr_gallery_22&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=bow+holder&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade

This is what we ended up with. A thrift store frame painted in pink. A fun fabric and ribbon. It all came together rather quickly and easily.
I used this tutorial that I found online. http://www.pluckymomo.com/2011/01/guest-tutorial-hairbow-holder.html

I love it because it's pretty and functional. Also, since it is been up on the wall I have not found any stray clips laying around the house like before. Here's to hoping the novelty doesn't wear off any time soon:)

No comments:

Post a Comment