Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Butterfly Monogram

What girls room is complete without a piece of artwork portraying her name or initial? Not mine! Because the bedspread and curtains have flowers and butterflies I knew I wanted to do something with butterflies. I saw this piece on Pinterest and found it on sale through Etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/79256897/free-shipping-butterfly-monogram-framed?ref=sc_2

My room redo budget would not allow me to spend over $60 on this amazing monogram. It did, however, allow me to purchase a thrift store frame for about $2.00 and borrow a butterfly punch from a great friend!



First, I drew the letter on the paper that would go into the frame and then just started hot gluing the butterflies onto it. I used the pink paint I already had and purple card stock to make the butterflies.

The Etsy one is a framed canvas and mine is just paper, so there are some quality and definite price differences. But, for my budget and tastes, this works just fine and looks great in her room!

No comments:

Post a Comment