Friday, January 27, 2012

A Project

We moved into our home almost 2 1/2 years ago. There currently are only two pictures hanging on our walls. Yes, in our ENTIRE house there are only TWO pictures. Dear old hubby has a thing against holes in the wall. Since we have NO plans of moving any time in the near or distant future, I have taken a stand and have decided to DECORATE :)

I decided to start with my daughters room. She will be turning 7 this year and has the attitude of a 13 year old. I love her to pieces, but where does she get that from. Not me;) For the last 2 years she has been living in a room with a bed, a book basket, and a few stuffed animals. (we have all the kids toys in the play room and living room) Not one picture or piece of artwork adorned her walls :(

After scouring Pinterest for longer than I would like to admit, I have some ideas of what I would like to do with the room. The first thing I thought she needed was a desk. With two younger brothers she needs a quiet space to work on homework. I had the perfect desk in the basement that used to be mine and was collecting dust. I went to work sanding and painting and sanding and painting. I found some super cute knobs for a great price on ebay.
We had the primer and white paint from recently completing the play room. The pink paint that I used on the drawers was a freebie that I received in the mail. I used scrapbook paper to jazz up the inside of the drawers. I love the way it turned out. She loves the way that it turned out. I do plan on making a desk blotter for the top. It is very soft wood and after all the work that I put into it I couldn't bear to see it destroyed (again) like I did when I was a kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment