Thursday, February 2, 2012

Closet Curtains


Well, this room started out with nice white painted bi-fold closet doors. For some reason my children find the need to hang on said doors and rip them from their hinges.

The day one of the doors fell over and made this huge gauge in the wall, I decided they needed to go.





Since doors were no longer an option I knew I needed to find a low cost alternative. When we first moved into our home one of the "decorations" that actually hung in this room was a bed canopy that we purchased at Ikea. Something like this without the extras.


Big surprise, this was also ripped out of the ceiling by earlier mentioned monkeys. I just couldn't bear to throw it out. I am so glad I didn't. With a little cutting and sewing I was able to make it into sheer curtains for the closet. They do not close all the way and are obviously see through but, the closet door were never closed anyway. I am also hoping it will encourage her to keep her closet neat and tidy ;)



Because it was a little too long for the opening, I draped the top and sewed into place. This also gave it a more interesting look at the top. I was able to get a tension curtain rod at my local store for about $5.00. Now, if it is pulled on the rod will come down and hopefully not ruin anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment